If you’ve ever watched some of the Flash cartoons that used to be immensely popular back in the day then you may recognize the SWF format of video. Essentially it is a format used by Flash quite some time back for short animated videos.
Of course nowadays SWF isn’t exactly the most ‘friendly’ format to keep around, and it isn’t even compatible with some devices. If you have any SWF videos on your PC, or want to save some online Flash cartoons, it may be best to convert them to a different format using Movavi Screen Capture.
Unlike normal video converters, Movavi Screen Capture won’t actually convert the video as much as it will record the video directly from your screen and then let you save it in a format of your choice. Frankly speaking that sounds a lot more technical than it actually is, and all you need to do is:
- Launch Movavi Screen Capture and select ‘Record screen’ in the menu.
- Draw a frame around the SWF video or Flash cartoon that you want to record using the cursor.
- Make sure the ‘System Audio’ icon is highlighted, and click on it once if it is not (also make sure the ‘Microphone’ icon isn’t highlighted).
- Click ‘REC’ and play the video at the same time.
- Click ‘Stop’ when the video is complete.
- Click ‘Save as’ and choose a format of video from the list that is available, or use one of the presets to automatically use the optimal format and video settings for a particular device or platform.
By just following those steps you will be able to convert SWF to video. If you want you can actually do more than that using Movavi Screen Capture, and its features will let you define the frame rate that you want to use, adjust the audio levels, trim out unwanted segments of video, or even record any keyboard or mouse actions.
Strictly speaking you may not need those features right now, but having them available will expand the range of things that you’re able to do with Movavi Screen Capture. Should you ever decide to create your own content, it is safe to say these features will definitely come in handy and will let you fully control the footage that you record from your screen.